History of slavery in Africa questions and answers pdf
History of slavery in Africa questions and answers on this page consists of questions and answers pdf worksheets on slavery in ancient Africa. This African history worksheet answers questions such as when did slavery in Africa started, when did slavery end in Africa, what caused slavery in Africa, what started slavery in Africa, who were the earliest slave traders and much more. This slavery in Africa worksheet can be used by teachers of all countries to prepare lesson notes about slavery in Africa. Teachers can also use this worksheet to test or evaluated students on the topic of slavery in Africa. African slavery history reveals the origin and birth of the Transatlantic slave trade in Africa. The History of slavery in ancient Africa worksheets could also be very helpful for kids in grade 4, Grade5, Grade 6, Grade7 and 8th grade. Click on each image above or click on the pdf link to download the worksheet on the history of slavery in Africa.
What is Slavery?
A- involuntary human servitude or the state of being under the control of another person.
B- voluntary human servitude or the state of being under the control of a nation.
C- human servitude or the state of being under the control
2. When did slavery in Africa begin?
A- 20th century
B- 19th century
C- 7th century
3. When did Transatlantic slavery begin in Africa?
A- 15th century
B- 20th century
C- 21st century
4. Who was one of the earliest slave traders in Africa before the Europeans?
B- Arab Muslims
C- Indian Muslims
5. How were slaves captured in Africa?
A- Through war and ambushing
B- Through sales
C- Through birth
6. What were the causes of slavery?
A- Warfare and need for wealth production
B- Lack of family members
C- Agricultural reasons
7. Which gender constituted the majority of early African slaves?
8. What are the effects of African slavery on Africa?
A- A low population and long-term impoverishment of West Africa.
B- Rise of the African population
C- Lots of death
9. In many African societies, slavery represented one of the few methods of producing
wealth available to common people.
10. How did some African rulers participate in the slave trade?
A- Through the exchanged their prisoners of war for firearms provided by Europeans
B- Through their leadership
C- None above
11. When did the slave trade in Africa come to an end or was it almost eliminated?
C- The 1930s
12. When was the slave trade outlawed in Britain and the United States?
13. Britain put an end to the practice of slavery in all her territories in 1833, while France did
the same in its colonies in 1848.
14. Which U.S amendment adopted by the U.S government in 1865 led to the end of slavery in
the United States?
A- the 15th Amendment to the Constitution
B- the 14th Amendment to the Constitution
C- the 13th Amendment to the Constitution
15. Slavery was abolished Brazil in 1888.