What was African national congress in South Africa pdf
What was African national congress in South Africa? this page consists of the ANC history in pdf made up of questions and answers worksheets on what was African national congress all about. It looks at the African congress history on South Africa, Nelson Mandela and the foundation of the ANC concerning those aspects. On this page, you can download free printable pdf worksheets on the history of ANC consisting of 15 questions and answers to learn quick facts on the ANC in South Africa. This pdf is very much helpful to students of all grades, teachers as well and to all who are interested in the history of the ANC. In this page, you will receive answers to questions such as what was African national congress, the African national congress was founded to, the definition of African national congress, what is African national congress, what did the African national congress do, African national congress and nelson Mandela, who was the president of African national congress and more below. Click on each image to download the questions and answer worksheets to receive all answers to your questions about African national congress in South Africa.
Click on the pdf to gain full acess to the answer keys .
1. What is the African National Congress?
A- South African political organization that has been the country’s ruling party since 1994.
2. When was the African National Congress (ANC) founded?
3. The ANC was founded as a nonviolent civil rights organization that worked to promote the
4. What was the ANC constitutional method of change?
5. Under the leadership of Nelson Mandela, the ANC won South Africa’s first election in which
6. The ANC actively opposed apartheid and engaged in increasing political combat with the
7. What was one of the main statements in the freedom charter issued by the ANC in 1955?
The Pan-Africanist Congress and African national congress had the same objectives.
9. Which incident led to the massacre of black protesters in Sharpeville in March 1960?
A- The mass demonstrations organised by the Pan-Africanist Congress
B- The mass demonstrations organised by African National congress
C- The mass demonstration organised by civilians
10. Why was the African National congress ban in 1960?
A- Because the African National Congress (ANC) organized mass demonstrations that led to
the massacre of black protesters in Sharpeville in March 1960.
B- Because Pan-Africanist Congress (PAC) organized mass demonstrations that led to the
massacre of black protesters in Sharpeville in March 1960.
C- Because both ANC and PAC organized mass demonstrations that led to the massacre of
black protesters in Sharpeville in March 1960.
11. What is the meaning of the military wing called “Umkhonto we Sizwe” formed by the ANC
after it was banned?
A- The art of war
B- Healing the nation
C- Spear of the Nation
12. In Which year did the government lift its ban on the African National Congress (ANC) and
other black African organizations.
13. Who was the recognised ANC leader who was realised in 1990 and made president of South
A- Walter Sisulu
B- Oliver Tambo
C- Nelson Mandela